26 July 2012

Summer in the Woods


Thankfully there are some large woods near me so walking the dog in this hot weather isn't so bad. I like the way the shadows cascade across the lane and draw the two sides of the wood together, I got a bit lost in the detail though - always a bad idea! I worked from a photo and what I liked most was the amount of gently drifting foliage in the trees (it's a wood Duh!) and the highlights upon it. I know I havn't really acheived what I wanted, but a satisfactory outcome anyway I think

Summer in the Woods


















Oil, 6 x 8 inches.  SOLD

Photo

3 comments:

  1. Great variety of greens here; love all the color on the path. A beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really pretty, Nigel. My Dad was a photographer. All the pretty dappled colors in your light and shade remind me of some of the images he took up at their cabin in northern Saskatchewan. Thanks for the trip down 'memory lane'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you captured the feeling really well! The spots of sunlight you chose to include and the deeper greens than in the photo are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...