26 February 2012

Still Water

Same pond different time of day, and with a slither of ice still resting on the surface. I think it's trees that stir me, it's not actually the water, it's the trees at this time of year!  Linear and expressive, in the Summer it's fine they look wonderful but in the Winter they draw shapes and lines all over the place and perhaps the reason I tend to paint water a lot is because you see more of them and in a different way. I don't know maybe I'm nuts, but this subject just wouldn't have the same appeal if the trees were full of leaf.  That said I'll keep painting in this place and maybe I'll find I contradict myself!

Still Water. OIL 5.5 x 7.5 inches, 
click image to see larger
£99 (convert To purchase please send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...